About VGK Project
We covered 5 main areas with VGK Project: project planning, project tracking, financials (budget and actual costs), client reporting, and collaboration.
The strongest and most exciting area of VGK Project is the combination of schedule, work scope and budget. This allows to create a project schedule along with the detailed work involved in each schedule item (the work scope). Every schedule item has major components, like the labour component with assigned resources, materials, equipment, subcontractors, etc. – these we call the work scope. VGK Project provides the facility to define a detailed work scope, and automatically translates it into a detailed budget. So automatically you have a comprehensive project budget, practically with no additional work.
When you run your project you track the progress of the actual work against the same work scope so you can clearly see how you’re doing compared to plan. This information is always presented in a parallel so you are able to compare, for example, the actual cost of your labour, with the planned labour cost for each schedule item. You are able to see any schedule item on the calendar and compare its planned days and duration versus actual results. You can see what budget was allocated for each schedule item and whether you are able to comply with the target.
Are you running on budget? and if not then where have things deviated from plan? You can also see how much the difference is. So when you open VGK Project at any day you can see where your project stands. You can easily explore currently active items as well as past items, and create plans for future projects that are able to learn from mistakes. VGK’s extensive functionality for project templates is provided especially for that reason.
We also designed VGK Project to be a central tool for all staff that are involved in any given assignment. Of course the management team are the heaviest users. They plan the schedule, they plan the work scope, they plan the budget, they track all major information like cost of the project, etc. But when resources are assigned to do the work, they also have essential information. The task console combines all active items which the current user is assigned to, so every employee can log into VGK, open the task console and immediately see what their current work is and what the work plan is for today, as well as the next few days. Employees can easily focus their day, record their results, and hours of work.
Highlight Features of VGK software include:
- Integrated project schedule, work scope, and budget
- Facility to include detailed work scope requirements (resources, materials, equipment, subcontractors) for each schedule item
- Detailed project tracking: record actual work, and clearly see planned vs. actual for timeline, budget, materials, labor, and many other categories
- Accurate timeline and budget forecasting
- Employee task management and issue tracking
- Plenty of reports based on all aspects of the project. Also allows to easily plug in new reports based on customer specifications
- Private: VGK is on-premise only application, so you don’t have to trust any business information to someone else’s computers
- Cost-effective: VGK Project is offered free of charge, while VGK Professional is priced to be affordable for small-business owners.